The dictionary definition of the idiom, “push your luck” is: to take a risk on the assumption that one will continue to be successful. Therefore a luckpusher is a person who lives by this idea. By that measure, wouldn’t we all aspire to be luckpushers?
I’m a luckpusher.
I am an educator, motivational speaker, writer, fundraiser, extreme athlete, and world explorer. I have always been on a quest to challenge myself with unconventional goals and pursue a life less ordinary.
As well as running in some amazing races, some of the highlights from the past few years are:
– named by Avenue Magazine as one of Calgary’s Top 40 under 40 for 2013
– completing Ironman Canada in Penticton
– winning a $10,000 writing contest through CBC
– cycling 700km of the Camino de Santiago in northern Spain
– eating at El Bulli the world’s best restaurant and meeting Ferran Adria
– competing in a national cooking contest ACE Bakery Best Sandwich in Canada 2013 Finalist
– short-listed for Top 20 in CBC Bloodlines short story contest
– and winning a $5,000 weight loss challenge
I would like to share my experiences with you and hope that these stories will light a spark in you too!
I encourage you to push your luck.
Machu Picchu, Peru – November, 2011